Sunday, July 3, 2016

TWO WEEK post-op

TWO WEEK post surgery

Just had my two week post op with the podiatrist and everything went very well. He removed the bandages and took off the ends of the dissoluble stitches. New medical tapes were placed on the surgical site to keep the skin intact. I don't have the splint on anymore so my foot feels so much lighter now. I still have a lot of inflammation around my right foot and still have to keep the foot elevated the majority of the day. I don't feel as much pressure on my foot as I did last week but my foot is really swollen. 

I don't have as much pain around the surgical site and can easily manage pain with Motrin, especially at night. I have been laying low, relaxing at home most of the day. I do try to take my kid to the park sometimes using crutches. I have been eating out a lot lately and cannot wait to be able to get active again. I'd probably gained about 2-3 pounds in weight within the last couple of weeks but it's not a big deal right? :)

I can get in and out of the shower on my own now since my foot can get wet! Yass..

Sleeping has been much better...that's pretty much it... 

New medical tape. I'm wearing a spacer in between the big and second toes. The white cream is Neosporin. 

You can see the swelling on the right foot 



No comments:

Post a Comment